Jul 28, 2023
We are now witnessing the decentralisation of education where people use Youtube and other online education platforms to educate themselves. Without a formal education system, how we can prove our credentials? Join our host James as he discusses with Yen-Lyng about the future of education.
Loh Yen-Lyng is a project manager for CreativesAtWork and involved heavily with Freelancing101 platform.
1) Decentralisation of education,
- People use YouTube to educate themselves. There is no university course on how to be a blockchain developer
- F101 are creating video courses to educate and train freelancers on specific skills.
2) Web3 bounties
- Remote work, gig-economy, accepting work without any human interaction
- How NFT's can be used as proof of completion.
3) On-chain credentials,
- LinkedIn, 76% of people lie on their CV
- Credly is the web2 version of allowing skill and education badges.
- Decentralisation of education
Freelancing 101: https://freelancing101.mylearnworlds.com/
Connect with James
Connect with us!
Check out other series on our previous FCE episodes
🎨 Freelance Creative Exchange: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyEgcfzkuV7oC7Nl3njGLaVsG0aMXh96p