May 28, 2021
Before moving to New York City in 2010, where he has performed extensively Off-Broadway, Regionally, and Internationally, Hansel Tan was supposed to be scholar and on the path to be a Humanities Teacher.
He drops by to talk with Sean and Yen-Lyng about how his life journey deviated away from the classroom, how to be an actor in New York City and what it’s like to be personally directed by Academy Award winning actor, Morgan Freeman, and experience that we can only imagine.
1) 0:50 - What is it like to be directed by Morgan Freeman
2) 4:58 - From MOE scholar to the American Dream... how?
3) 11:02 - America vs Singapore
4) 23:52 - Want to be an Actor in New York? The casting process.
5) 26:57 - Playing the Engineer in Miss Saigon
6) 34:19 - Acting as a business
7) 39:22 - How being Uncool is cool
Follow Hansel on these platforms:
Connect with us!
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/freelance-creative-exchange/id1401167998
Google Play: https://bit.ly/2VVGz1l
~~~~~~~~~~ Check out other series on our channel:
💃🏻FCE Working Women https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyEgcfzkuV7pxWdPKSFiDzh7O8kvDy5HH In the meantime, you can catch up on our previous
FCE episodes: 🎨Freelance Creative Exchange https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyEgcfzkuV7oC7Nl3njGLaVsG0aMXh96p
Disclaimer: Covid 19 safety measures were strictly adhered to at all time during this production