Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

Freelancer Nation

Oct 13, 2018

INSURANCE FOR FREELANCERS | The Freelance Creative Exchange (#9) CHAN PEI LING


What kind of insurance should you get when you first start freelancing? How do you insure yourself for sick days and equipment? Who is responsible for your insurance when you are engaged for an overseas gig?

As a freelancer, you are responsible for insuring yourself. Unlike being an employee, there is no employer to cover you for illness and injury. But what kind of insurance do you really need?


We speak to Pei Ling in this episode to answer all your pressing insurance questions.


Chan Pei Ling is a Media Risk Consultant at Starlight Media Consultants, where she advises companies and media freelancers on good business practices, as well as coverage needed for feature films, documentaries, TV series, as well as corporate formats.


Watch the full episode here:


Catch up on all Freelance Creative Exchanges episodes here:


Listen to the full episode on Spotify, Stitcher or iTunes: 



- THE FREELANCE CREATIVE EXCHANGE SERIES - The Freelance Creative Exchange Series is our first ever podcast about freelances by freelancers. Every 2 weeks, we catch up with professionals over coffee at the PIXEL Studio and share stories about freelancing or anything in and around the topic. Each episode is about 30-40 minutes long and available in both podcast and YouTube formats. Hosted by CreativesAtWork co-founders Fanny and Jayce, you will find candid conversations with the creatives professionals about freelancing and the gig economy in Singapore & beyond.



- Facebook:

- Instagram:

- Website:


Have some questions, or want to be a guest on Freelance Creative Exchange Podcast? Reach out to us at